Monday, June 27, 2011

Southern Sweet Tea or Southern Wine

Southern Living

It occurred to me, I have never posted a recipe for Tea. Growing up, tea was always in our refrigerator or "Frigidaire," as I called it back then.

Enjoy!!

Southern Sweet Tea
3 cups water
2 family size tea bags
1/2 to 1 cup sugar
7 cups cold water

Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a saucepan, add tea bags.
Boil 1 minute, remove from heat. Cover and steep 10 minutes.

Remove and discard tea bags.
Add desired amount of sugar, stirring until dissolved.

Pour into a 1 gallon container, and add 7 cups cold water.
Serve over ice.

Peach Tea

Stir together 1 1/2 quart sweet tea made with 1/2 cup sugar; add 1 (33.8 oz) bottle peach nectar and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Stir well. Serve over ice.

Makes about 2 1/2 quarts

1 comment:

  1. I'll tell you what. It's been so darn hot here that I've been living off of sweet tea the past couple of days.
    If there was such a thing as a sweet tea IV, I would have myself hooked up to it.
    I don't know if drinking too much sweet tea is bad for you, but I have made a compromise with myself. I alternate one glass ice water with one glass sweet tea. That's fair isn't it?

    ReplyDelete