Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Royal Wedding



It was 1981, I was eleven years old, and in the sixth grade... I was in awe of all things "royal." I got up at 5am to watch Diana and Charles marry. It was the most beautiful wedding I had ever seen. And the dress, Oh my goodness -total 80's fantasy!

That year for Christmas I got three hardcover books on Diana and the royal wedding. My favorite Christmas gifts that year.

Now, my 12 year old daughter and I are gearing up for the 5am nuptials of William and Kate! We are so excited. I cannot wait to see THE DRESS!!!




I plan to serve tea and sconces on the big day. I will share my scone recipe when I decide on "the one."



Image: Pigtown Press
  

3 comments:

  1. I was 10 and I totally remember waking up at 5am to watch the wedding. I can't wait for Friday morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for some reason have little desire to watch, is that weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey, It's not weird at all. For me, it's such a historic event and all the more special because I have a daughter the same age as I was when Diana married Charles.

    ReplyDelete