Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Very Best Strawberry Cake

Hi friends! Just a weekend re-cap. My daughter won one first place, one second place, one third place and Reserve Champion ribbons at her horse show this weekend. I am always so proud of her for working so hard. She is my little champion.

Okay, I came across a recipe a friend shared with me. This is one of my favorite cakes on earth. I promise, if you like strawberry cake, you will love this one!!!!



Google image

Triple Layer Strawberry Shortcake

1 cup plain flour
1 cup self rising flour
5 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup Crisco shortening
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups sugar

Mix sugar and Crisco until well blended. Add eggs one at a time. Add flour alternately with buttermilk. Add vanilla. Grease and flour 3 cake pans. Pour batter evenly into pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until done.

Slice 3 pints fresh strawberries. Mix with sugar to taste. Put into the refrigerator until ready to use.

When cake is cool, place strawberries between layers and on top of last layer.

Whip 2 small containers of whipping cream at highest speed on mixer until thickened. Spread all over top and side of cake

YUM ~ YUM ~ YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment